Develop: Regression Analysis
Evaluation Title: Simple Linear Regression
In this assignment, you will use linear regression to calculate the expected after exercising heart rate.
- Open the Heart Rate Dataset in Excel and identify the X-variable (resting) and the Y-variable (after exercise).
- Use the Scatter Plot function in the Insert Charts section of Excel to create a scatter plot of the X and Y variables
- Add a trendline to the scatter plot (Find and view a YouTube video on how to do this if you need help)
- Use the Data Analysis tools in Excel to perform a regression analysis on the X and Y variables.
- In a Word document, describe the relationship between the X-variable (rest heart rate)and the Y-variable (after exercise). Make sure you include the following:
- Scatter plot with a trend line
- Estimates for the intercept
- Slope coefficients
Your assignment should be typed into a Word or other word processing document, formatted in APA style. The assignments must include
- Running head
- A title page with
- Assignment name
- Your name
- Professor’s name
Estimated time to complete: 3 hours