After reviewing this week’s Readings and Resources, be prepared to discuss the following questions:
- Share an example of when you were impacted by miscommunication.
- How could this situation have been resolved if you had used Covey’s Seek First to Understand and Then Be Understood habit?
- How does taking care of your well-being (social, emotional, physical) affect other areas of your life such as family time, course/schoolwork, or employment?
Unit 3 Discussion (ACC111)
Anne Marie, the owner of Anne’s Beauty Salon, comes to see you again. She tells you that she just got her year-end set of financial statements from her accountant and is more confused. Here are her questions.
- I have very little cash and yet he says that I had a good year with $15,000 net income. He said it was because we use accrual accounting (whatever that means). I know I paid 6 month’s rent ($1,400 a month) in advance at the end of the year. I also paid my insurance for the next year. Insurance cost $6,000. I have several customers who had a lot of services done on credit and haven’t paid yet. I think that totals $11,948 owed to me. Can you explain?
- I was paid $200 in advance for some hair coloring I will do in January. He tells me that’s a liability. That doesn’t make any sense to me? Please explain.
- In December I did several hair several haircuts during the last week of the year and sent bills to all the customers? When is that counted?
How would you answer these questions?
In this unit, you have read three famous stories/poems that were written by Hemingway, Frost, and Angelou. These writers use tone and imagery to express emotion, and thus a message. Please read the following articles to help strengthen your responses in this discussion board:
Initial Response: To which readings do you relate the most and why? In two strong paragraphs, explain what it is about the tone and/or imagery of the story that speaks to you and why. Use some text examples to support your response.
Unit 3 DB: What Is Plagiarism? (ENG110)
The resources in this unit and so far in the course have focused on how to cite information. When you use a source in your writing, you have to make sure to cite it or you may run the risk of plagiarizing it. Please review the resource on plagiarism and self-plagiarism in this unit.
Initial Reponse:In one paragraph, for your initial post, answer these questions:
- What implications or consequences does plagiarism have within your chosen area of study or your career?
- How might your position within your profession be affected by plagiarism?