1. Carefully read the required pages in the textbook.
2. Select ONE of the four Learning Objectives prompts (7.1, or 7.2, or 7.3, or 7.4) and prepare to write a 400 word (or greater) essay addressing the prompt based on information in the textbook and your own research.
- 7.1 Compare and contrast classic Greek tragedy and Elizabethan tragedy.
- 7.2 Differentiate among various forms of comedy, including satire, comedy of character, farce, and parody.
- 7.3 Discuss the key developments in nineteenth century theater (the 1800’s).
- 7.4 Describe the new theatrical directions and themes in that evolved in the twentieth and twenty-first centuries.
3. Find and read a research source (BEYOND your textbook – try Google Scholar or the SPC Library) concerning the prompt you selected and be prepared to integrate the research in your essay. Be sure to cite these research sources as well as the textbook.
4. Post a new thread of at least 400 words, in which you fully address the requirements of your chosen prompt.