In this project, you will realize that you really need to invest in a new computer to complete course assignments for the school’s use. You will create a worksheet, use the PMT function, and format a worksheet to show a comparison of two electronic computers that you are interested in purchasing. You will make a comparison of the two items and determine which one is feasible to purchase.
- The Excel PMT function is used to calculate the payment for a loan based on constant payments and a constant interest rate.
- Click here for more information on how to use the PMT function.
To complete this assignment, perform the following tasks:
- Data has been provided for you to generate a payment for each of the two products to help determine which product is feasible for you to purchase for school purposes. Click here to access the data.
- The loan parameters have been entered into the worksheet. Click in cells B8 and E8 to calculate the amount to finance as Price – down payment – rebate.
- Calculate the payment on B10 and E10.
- Hint: Click Insert function and select PMT for payment.
- Save the workbook as “FirstInitial_LastName_Purchase_solution.xlsx”
- Merge and center the titles in Cells A1:E1. Format your worksheet by including color as well as providing an appropriate clip art to accent the document.
- Indent the content in cells A4:A9 and show the Payment amount in font size 14.
- Indent the content in cells D4:D9 and show the Payment amount in font size 14.
- Save the School Computer Purchase Analysis spreadsheet. Close the workbook and then exit Excel.