The Course Outcome covered this week is CO1.
CO1: Identify theories, concepts, and beliefs related to transcultural nursing. (PO1)
Chapter 1 of Andrews and Boyle (2016) discusses Leininger’s Sunrise Model of transcultural nursing. However, other models are described and are important to acknowledge, as well.
- Research the wonderful scholarly resources available to you in the Chamberlain Library. Select a Transcultural Nursing Model/Theory.
- Briefly explain the model/theory in your own words so your classmates will understand the general premises of the model/theory.
- Then, explain how you would be able to apply the model in your practice setting.
Readings: Andrews, M. M., & Boyle, J. S. (2016). Transcultural concepts in nursing care (7th ed.). Philadelphia: PA. Wolters Kluwer.
- Chapter 1: Theoretical Foundations of Transcultural Nursing
- Chapter 2: Culturally Competent Nursing Care