HEALTHCARE FINANCE POLICY IN THE U.S.
Before beginning ensure that you use the required reading in the attachment
As the Baby Boomer generation ages, our nation is faced with issues surrounding long-term-care solutions. Many are unaware of how financing happens for this and are surprised at not only the cost, but the lack of coverage that exists. Our culture has shifted such that keeping our elderly at home is no longer a typical practice. Add to this the advancement of medical technology and care, many are living into advanced years but are not capable of living on their own. This is a health policy issue that is not yet solved and will continue to be a challenge until it is adequately addressed.
After reviewing the background materials and doing additional research, draft a paper that discusses the challenges of long-term care. Be sure that your paper addresses the following:
- Provide a thorough explanation of what entails long-term care.
- What are the current mechanisms for paying for long-term care? Explain how they are or are not adequate.
- What are financial and social differences of aging in place versus in a nursing home or other facility?
- Provide policy recommendations on how to best meet the long-term-care needs of an aging population.
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your analysis.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 4 pages (title and reference page is not included in page number count).
- Support your paper with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 3 references. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals:
Angelo State University Library. (n.d.). Library guides: How to recognize peer-reviewed (refereed) journals. Retrieved from link: https://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php
- You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment:
Purdue Online Writing Lab. (n.d.). General APA guidelines. Retrieved from https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
- For additional information on reliability of sources, review the following source:
Georgetown University Library. (n.d.). Evaluating internet resources. Retrieved from https://www.library.georgetown.edu/tutorials/research-guides/evaluating-internet-content
- This assignment will be graded based on the content in the rubric.