Amazon’s Mission Statement
Amazon.com has had a clear focus and a solitary mission since it began. Founder Jeff Bezos has publicly referred to the Amazon.com mission statement as the guiding force behind his leadership decisions many times in the company’s 18-year history. It can be concluded that the success of Amazon.com as the top Internet retailing company in the world is due at least in part to their unwavering commitment to this mission and the daily execution of it. The mission and vision of Amazon.com is…
“Our vision is to be earth’s most customer centric company; to build a place where people can come to find and discover anything they might want to buy online.”
Amazon’s 2001 Positioning Statement (when it almost exclusively sold books)
For World Wide Web users who enjoy books, Amazon.com is a retail bookseller that provides instant access to over 1.1 million books. Unlike traditional book retailers, Amazon.com provides a combination of extraordinary convenience, low prices, and comprehensive selection.
For World Wide Web users who enjoy books, Amazon.com is a retail bookseller that provides instant access to over 1.1 million books. Unlike traditional book retailers, Amazon.com provides a combination of extraordinary convenience, low prices, and comprehensive selection.””
In this assignment, you will be writing a 5 pages paper following APA format, in which you will create a Positioning Statement and Motto for the following brand: Amazon.com
Use the information listed above, as well as your own research, to assess the brand by answering the following questions. At the end, be sure to develop what you believe would be a new or better positioning statement and motto for the brand.
1. Target Customers/Users
– Who are the target customers for the company/brand?
– How could/does the company reach its customers/users? What methods and media might and/or does the company use to reach the customers/users?
– What would grab the customers/users’ attention? Define the customers/users according to their demographics and psychographic information (e.g., age, gender, income, education, lifestyle, values, etc). How do they want to be perceived?
– What do these target customers’ value?
– Who are the brand’s competitors?
– What product category does the brand fit into?
– What frame of reference will customers use in making a choice to use/purchase this brand/service? What other brands/companies might customers compare this brand to?
3. USP (Unique Selling Proposition)
– How is this brand/company better than its competitors? What is the brand’s USP (Unique Selling Proposition?
– What is the brand’s uniqueness?
– What is the competitive advantage of the brand? How is it different from other competing brands?
– Does the brand have any attributes or benefits that dominate competitors?
4. Positioning Statement & Motto
Develop a new positioning statement and motto for the brand you selected.
Below is an example of BMW’s positioning statement and motto.
• BMW Positioning statement: The brand for discerning customers of sports cars (target customers) who want an exhilarating experience (USP).
• BMW Motto: BMW is the ultimate driving machine.