Choose 1 country that the organization you’ve been working on in this course could consider expanding into.
Read the selected article from the University Library.
Analyze that potential international market by considering the 4 aspects of the Diamond of National Advantage: industry rivalry, demand conditions, related and supporting industries, and factor endowments.
Analyze the forces (in the home market and international market) that will help the organization succeed with its expansion and the forces that may act as barriers to that expansion. Refer to your analysis of strengths and weaknesses completed in Wk 1, the Porter’s Five Forces worksheet from Wk 3, and your analysis of the Diamond of National Advantage.
Evaluate the 4 adjustments leaders must make when expanding internationally (Burkus, 2012). Recommend 1 specific leadership action for each adjustment, such as developing a global mindset, developing sensitivity to cultural differences, decentralizing, deciding on the level of involvement, etc.
Recommend whether the organization should expand into the chosen country. Explain your rationale.
Create a Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with detailed speaker notes, to present your analysis and recommendation. Include the following sections in your presentation:
- A cover slide
- An agenda
- Identification of the country you have chosen
- 1 slide for analysis of each of the elements of the Diamond of National Advantage (4 slides, with detailed speaker’s notes)
- A summary of analysis of the forces that will help the organization succeed in the new country
- A summary of analysis of the forces that will hinder the organization’s success in the new country
- Leadership actions required to make the 4 adjustments identified by Burkus (2012)
- A recommendation and rationale
- A conclusion