Identify a case of corporate financial fraud by finding a current event or by researching historical cases. After finding a case, complete the following in your initial discussion post:
- Briefly summarize the case, including what happened, who was involved, and what damages were incurred.
- Note how the fraud was detected and discuss any red flags that appeared prior to detection.
- Could an accounting and finance system have helped deter this fraud? If yes, how? If no, why not?
- Are there any specific business policies and procedures that could have been in place that would have prevented the fraud from occurring? Explain.
Embed course material concepts, principles, and theories, which require supporting citations along with at least two scholarly peer reviewed references supporting your answer. Keep in mind that these scholarly references can be found in the Saudi Digital Library by conducting an advanced search specific to scholarly references.
Use APA style guidelines.
You are required to reply to at least two peer discussion question post answers to this weekly discussion question and/or your instructor’s response to your posting. These post replies need to be substantial and constructive in nature. They should add to the content of the post and evaluate/analyze that post answer. Normal course dialogue doesn’t fulfill these two peer replies but is expected throughout the course. Answering all course questions is also required.
- Chapter 8 in Information Technology for Management: On-Demand Strategies for Performance, Growth, and Sustainability
- Chapter 9 in Information Technology for Management: On-Demand Strategies for Performance, Growth, and Sustainability
- Lacy, S., Gills, C., Walker, F., Reedy, C., Runnels, T., Mala, T., Upton, H., Brieno, C., Rodriguez, S., Perez, E., & Larson, T. (2019).
- Bayraktaroglu, S., Kahya, V., Atay, E., & Ilhan, H. (2019). Application of Expanded Technology Acceptance Model for Enhancing the HRIS Usage in SMEs. International Journal of Applied Management & Technology, 18(1), 48–66. https://doi.org/10.5590/IJAMT.2019.18.1.04
- Haryanti, T., & Subriadi, A. P. (2020). Factors and Theories E-Commerce Adoption: A Literature Review. International Journal of Electronic Commerce Studies, 11(2), 87–105. https://doi.org/10.7903/ijecs.1910
- Chapter 9 PowerPoint slides – Information Technology for Management