Case Study 1: Dr. Conrad Murray’s Forensic Evidence
Due Week 4 and worth 80 points
Go to the Fast Company website to read the article titled “CSI: Crime Scene iPhones Yield Forensic Evidence, Confusion About Data Handling,” dated November 23, 2011, located at http://www.fastcompany.com/1795031/csi-crime-scene-iphones-yield-forensic-evidence-confusion-about-data-handling. Further research this incident using quality and reputable resources.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Explicate how digital forensics was used to provide evidence that lead to the conviction of Dr. Murray.
- Describe in detail the digital evidence that was uncovered from Dr. Murray’s iPhone. Discuss why you believe this evidence was crucial to the prosecution’s case in convicting Dr. Murray.
- Determine at least one (1) forensic evidence collection topic you learned and/or found interesting from reading the article, and indicate why you believe topic is important for forensic investigators to understand.
- Explain whether or not you believe there is a better understanding of digital forensics procedures and evidence collection within the law enforcement community since the time of this article and justify your stance.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify the role of computer forensics in responding to crimes and solving business challenges.
- Report investigative findings of potential evidentiary value.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in computer forensics.
- Write clearly and concisely about computer forensics topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.