Initial Discussion Post (3pts)
Post an initial “reply” to this prompt by Thursday night at 11:59 pm (Oct. 8).
According to the article, “U.S. weighs tariffs, quotas on metals imports”, the Trump administration is considering sweeping new limits on imports of steel and aluminum. What is the Trump administration’s rationale for imposing tariffs on imported aluminum and steel? Should the U.S. impose tariffs on aluminum and steel? Who will be potential winners and losers from the tariffs? Briefly discuss.
Source: Jacob M. Schlesinger and William Mauldin: “U.S. weighs tariffs, quotas on metals imports”, the Wall Street Journal, Feb. 17, 2018, New York, NY (eastern edit).
Tip for finding an article with Proquest (combined)
1) Click “Statford Library from Homepage on Canvas.
2) Click “DATABASES ” from the Library Homepage.
3) Click “Proquest (combined)” (***If you are using the internet at home, you should login with your LancerPoint username and password.
4) Click “Publications” and find the Wall Street Journal, New York, NY.
5) Find the published date from the Wall Street Journal.
6) Find an article you are looking for.
Peer Replies (2pts)
By Saturday, 11:59 PM (Oct. 10), reply to at least one of your classmate’s posts. Aim for at least 5 substantive sentences per post.
In each reply, please do one of the following:
- Note something you have in common (or disagree) with your peer .
- Share some feedback or advice in response to your classmate’s posts about this topic.